"What Am I?" riddles provide a unique way of request i to think exterior the box. The answers normally are not easily discerned and crave some challenging thinking. In this article, we have "What Am I?" riddles for kids and adults. We also have a listing of hard "What Am I?" riddles to really exam your riddle solving ability. The article ends with a collection of fun "Who Am I?" riddles for a change of pace. Afterwards you see how many y'all can answer, test your family, friends, and co-workers for fun and laughter.

Tabular array of Contents

  • 1 "What Am I?" Riddles for Kids
  • 2 "What Am I?" Riddles for Adults
  • 3 Difficult "What Am I?" Riddles
  • four "Who Am I?" Riddles
    • 4.1 Related Posts

"What Am I?" Riddles for Kids

"What Am I?" riddles for kids need to be easy enough a kid can probably make a reasonable guess, but however provide a challenge. Also, kids similar to laugh, so our selection of "What Am I" riddles is designed to arm-twist laughter as well.

  • I accept lakes but no h2o, mountains but no stone and cities just no buildings. What am I?

    A map

  • I am always hungry and volition die if not fed, but whatever I bear on will soon turn red. What am I?

    Burn

  • I am piece of cake to lift just hard to throw. What am I?

    A plumage

  • I get answered even though I never ask a question. What am I?

    A door knock or doorbell

  • I'm low-cal as a feather, even so the strongest man can't concord me for 5 minutes. What am I?

    Your breath

  • I practice not have wings, but I tin fly. I don't have eyes, but I will cry! What am I?

    A cloud

  • I am bought by the 1000 only worn by the pes. What am I?

    A carpet

  • I have no life, but I tin die. What am I?

    A battery

  • I go around all the places, cities, towns, and villages, but never come inside. What am I?

    A street

  • I will e'er come up and never arrive today. What am I?

    Tomorrow

  • When the h2o comes down, when information technology rains, I go upward. What am I?

    An umbrella

  • I turn once, what is out will not get in. I turn again, what is in will not get out. What am I?

    A central

  • I speak without a oral fissure and hear without ears. I have no body but come alive with air current. What am I?

    An echo

  • I am wet when drying. What am I?

    A towel

  • I tin make full a room, simply I have up no space. What am I?

    Light

  • I run, yet I have no legs. What am I?

    Your nose

  • No thing what, I come up to you round, floating upwards, floating downwardly. A single pop, I'm on the ground. Then comes your unpleasant frown. What am I?

    A bubble

  • I am the only place in the world where today comes before yesterday. What am I?

    The dictionary

  • I accept a long neck, am the name of a bird. I am on cargo of ships. I consume but am not alive. What am I?

    A crane

"What Am I?" Riddles for Adults

When one hears the phrase "developed humor," one might think of sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Even so, our "What Am I?" Riddles for Adults is a drove of humor not designed to make you blush, but to challenge your riddle solving abilities. See how well you can answer these and then share them with your friends at a political party or other become-together.

  • I am always on the dinner table, just y'all don't go to eat me. What am I?

    A plate

  • I am oftentimes following you and copying your every motility, notwithstanding y'all can never touch me or catch me. What am I?

    Your shadow

  • With pointed fangs I sit and wait; with piercing forcefulness I crunch out fate; grabbing victims, proclaiming might; physically joining with a unmarried seize with teeth. What am I?

    A stapler

  • People have stepped on me, but not many. I never stay full for long. I have a night side. What am I?

    The moon

  • I am always running, but never get tired or hot. What am I?

    The refrigerator

  • I accept a head much smaller than my long cervix. People who play with me pick at me and that's fine. What am I?

    A guitar

  • If you take away one hand, some will remain. What am I?

    Handsome

  • You can play me with cards, just don't burn me, residuum spectacles on me or walk beyond me. What am I?

    A bridge

  • Halo of water, natural language of wood, walls of stone, long accept I stood. What am I?

    A castle

  • People make me, save me, change me, raise me. What am I?

    Money

  • The shorter I am, the bigger I am. What am I?

    A temper

  • I brand a loud audio when I'g changing. When I do modify, I get bigger, but I weigh less. What am I?

    Popcorn

  • It tin exist said: to exist gold is to be good; to be stone is to exist zilch; to be glass is to be fragile; to exist cold is to be cruel. What am I?

    Your heart

  • I have keys, only no locks. I have infinite, but no room. Yous tin can enter, but can't go within. What am I?

    A keyboard

  • I am the merely vegetable that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form only fresh. What am I?

    Lettuce

  • My first is in chocolate, but not in ham. My second is in block and also in jam. My third at tea-time is easily found. My whole is a friend who'south ofttimes around. What am I?

    A cat

  • I add lots of flavor and have many layers, but if you get too close, I'll make you cry. What am I?

    An onion

  • I don't take eyes, ears, nose, and tongue, but I can meet, odour, hear, and taste everything. What am I?

    A brain

Hard "What Am I?" Riddles

Hard

Hard riddles provide a challenge because they either have longer clues which take a few moments to read and recollect about, or they have an unexpected answer. Our list should actually cause fifty-fifty the best riddle solver a few that seem unsolvable.

  • I am a word of five messages and people consume me. If you remove the offset letter, I become a form of energy. Remove the showtime two and I'm needed to live. Scramble the last three and y'all can drink me. What am I?

    Wheat, heat, eat, tea

  • My name seems harsh, but I am notwithstanding and silent. You are supposed to eat me, merely some display me. My proper noun is not easy to do to me because I am hard on the exterior. What am I?

    A squash

  • It'due south adept to stretch me and push my limits. The more you use me, the stronger I go. When I am abrupt, I'one thousand at my best. What am I?

    Your brain

  • I run, just I don't walk. I drip and driblet, simply I can't option myself up. You have to consume me and sometimes I surround you. What am I?

    Water

  • I sound like I could cut you, simply I'm really quite comfortable. I can be light-green or yellowish. I can be stiff or soft. I am a friend to bugs and also bare feet. What am I?

    A bract of grass

  • I accept a stem, but I am non a flower. I have a human foot, merely I cannot hop. Children are too young to concord me. What am I?

    A vino glass

  • I tin be open or closed, or big or small. I can reveal the truth or hide it. I am almost e'er welcome and can spring upward unannounced. Everyone has 1, only not everyone shares. Laughter comes later me. What am I?

    A smile

  • I am round as a sphere, but and then y'all make me something else. I am one hundred yards long, or even longer. What am I?

    A brawl of yarn

  • You lot can touch on me, but I tin can't touch y'all back. Y'all tin can see me, but I only reverberate yous and can never reject yous. What am I?

    A mirror

  • I can travel at nearly 100 miles per hour, but never leave the room. Y'all can encompass me up, but that doesn't slow me down. You lot will non know if I come up only once or again and again and once again. What am I?

    A sneeze

  • Many times, you need me. The more than and more you accept me further, the more and more you go out me behind. What am I?

    Footsteps

  • The one who makes me does not need me, when he makes me. The ane who buys me does not use me for himself or herself. The i who uses me doesn't know that he or she is using me. What am I?

    A bury

  • I don't have money, though I do have banks. I feed others, though I don't eat. Cantankerous me if you tin, I won't be mad. What am I?

    The mouth of a river

  • Accept away my first letter, and I still sound the same. Take away my last alphabetic character, I notwithstanding sound the same. Even have away my alphabetic character in the middle, I will still sound the same. I am a 5-letter word. What am I?

    Empty

  • I have no bones and no legs, but if you lot proceed me warm, I will soon walk away. What am I?

    An egg

"Who Am I?" Riddles

Now effort a modify of pace with some other type of questioning riddle. Our "Who Am I?" riddles, as the name implies, usually, but non always, involve guessing a person.

  • Half of me will mend, the other one-half will imprison. When I am together, I will poison. Who am I?

    Hemlock

  • Our dinner guests cry that we are evil, when they notice their place in the meal. But information technology'southward no large deal. We are just i big happy tribe that gets real fed up with people! Who are we?

    Cannibals

  • A man who lives in New York legally married three women. He did not get a divorce, an annulment, or legally separate. Who is he?

    He is a minister.

  • My first four messages describe all living things. My last five letters are another word for knight. My job is to salve you, and I'm a fan of water. Who am I?

    A lifeguard

  • I arts and crafts crowns of gold and bridges of argent. Who am I?

    A dentist

  • I deport a lot of secrets, happy or sad. I drive or walk to my destination rain or shine to brand certain I requite you what is truly yours. Everything that I bring with me is destined for only for one place which is decided in advance. Who am I?

    A mailman

  • I tin help a pocket-size, I can help a senior. I can take intendance of you, and no matter what your mood is, I always give you a happy face. I probably won't give you any advice, merely I am e'er grateful when you give me tips. Who am I?

    A waiter/waitress

  • I wash, cutting, and shave a dozen times a day however I notwithstanding take lots of pilus. Who am I?

    A barber

  • Sometimes you are relieved to encounter me, and other times yous run from me in fear. Sometimes I stop you and sometimes I let y'all go, but whenever y'all need me, I am always a quick phone call abroad. Who am I?

    A police officer

  • I am small, have wings, and conduct a weapon. I target people and once I do, they're usually glad I did. February is the calendar month in which I appear the well-nigh. Who am I?

    Cupid

  • I accept wings and a wand. When you lose something and leave it under your pillow, I leave you lot a prize. Who am I?

    The Tooth Fairy

  • I grew up exterior guild. I am wild, my voice echoes throughout the jungle, and nature is my playground. Who am I?

    Tarzan

  • My kickoff is a very uncomfortable state,
    In cold weather information technology mostly abounds.
    My second's an instrument formed of difficult steel,
    That will cause the stout foe to stagger and reel,
    And when used, is a symptom of detest.
    My whole is an writer of greatest renown,
    Whose fame to the last day of time will go down.
    Who am I?

    Shakespeare

Nosotros hope you have enjoyed our chosen "What Am I?" and "Who Am I?" riddles. Nosotros think we have plant some of the all-time ones out there. Plus, 1 unique characteristic of this type of riddle is that they are like shooting fish in a barrel to retrieve, so you tin can share them with family unit and friends. Have fun and riddle on!